ALLY Global Management (“AGM”) is a leading real estate and growth equity investment firm based in Bangkok and New York. AGM invests alongside our clients and partners across five key verticals, including Thailand REIT, Thailand Opportunistic Real Estate, Global Opportunistic Real Estate, Media & Entertainment, and Growth investments. The firm has assets under management of $1.3+ billion and has made 40+ investments since inception in 2019.
AGM is seeking to hire an Investment Associate – Global Real Estate. Based in Bangkok, the Investment Associate will be an integral part of the global investment team focused on direct & fund real estate investments. The associate’s responsibilities will include deal sourcing, underwriting, due diligence, and closing of potential acquisitions as well as the asset management of existing portfolio investments.
This position will report directly to the SVP – Global Real Estate.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate potential equity and debt investment opportunities, execute transactions, and handle pipeline and existing portfolio investments
- Build complex excel financial models with detail cash flow projections and appropriate investment metrics, return scenarios, sensitivity analyses, and GP/LP waterfall distribution structures
- Review and analyze financial statements, operating & capital expenditure budgets, rent rolls, lease agreements, debt quotes, JV term sheets, etc.
- Prepare questionnaire and assist in due diligence calls with the sponsor, seller, or third-party service providers
- Conduct due diligence on potential investment opportunities by collecting, organizing, and reviewing relevant legal and financial documents; prepare due diligence reports summarizing findings, highlighting potential risks, and recommending appropriate actions and UW assumptions
- Produce comprehensive investment memoranda and capital raising pitch decks for the executive team, partners and investors
- Support transactional closings, including preparing checklists, coordinating logistics, and handling post-closing activities
- Assist with investor communications and requests: organize performance history, investment summaries, and supporting documents
- Assist in reviewing fund subscription package and fund/investment structure documents
- Assist in the preparation of investment reports and relevant supporting analyses/documents for the investors, external auditors, tax advisors, etc.
- Provide support with other responsibilities as needed.
- Preferably 3-4 years of related work experience in real estate investment and development, private equity, investment banking, and management consulting
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in real estate, business, finance, economics, etc.
- Outstanding quantitative and financial analytical skills are a prerequisite
- Strong knowledge and interest in real estate investment across all major sectors: residential, commercial, industrial, and hospitality; ability to develop a clear understanding of the economic/business characteristics, conditions and trends
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial team environment
- Proactive, positive, energetic, and a collaborative team player with “can-do” attitude
- Highly motivated self-starter with a strong sense of ownership, attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), PDF Docs (or other PDF manipulation software), and the ability to quickly learn any additional applications relevant to the role to effectively support and maintain the company’s businesses
- Ability and willingness to travel for work